SOCCER AID FOR UNICEF 2020
|Contractor||Soccer Aid Productions Limited|
|Job Title||Media Operations Manager|
|Reporting to:||Head of Corporate Media|
|Location||SAP Offices Peace Studio, Stamford Bridge, London|
|Hours||37.5 hours per week, Monday to Friday, 9.00am – 5.30pm and other such additional time as may be necessary for proper perfomance of the role.|
|Engagement Period||March – June (Three months full-time)|
|Salary||TBD dependent on experience|
Soccer Aid for Unicef
The brainwave of Unicef UK ambassador Robbie Williams and Triple S, Soccer Aid for Unicef brings together two teams of celebrities and football legends from England and the World XI for the biggest charity celebrity football match in the World. The event started in 2006 and since then has raised more than £38million to help Unicef UK Defend Play for Every Child. Last year’s game was staged at Stamford Bridge, the iconic home of Chelsea FC in front of a sell-out crowd of 40,000 and on primetime free to air ITV 1.
Soccer Aid Productions Limited – One Team, One Culture, One Goal
Soccer Aid Productions Limited (SAP) is responsible for delivering Soccer Aid for Unicef and raising substantial funds from both a commercial and fundraising perspective for Unicef UK. SAP’s ambition is to grow Soccer Aid and the Soccer Aid World XI brand in the UK and internationally to increase revenue and deliver change for children worldwide. SAP work closely with the best in class partners, namely; Initial as Producers of the live TV event and ITV as broadcasters of the prime-time television show.
Unicef is the world’s leading organisation focusing on children and child rights, with a presence in more than 190 countries. Unicef ensure more of the world’s children are vaccinated, educated and protected than any other organisation, influencing laws and policies that protect children around the world. Their aim is a world is a safe place for all our children.
Unicef is supported entirely by voluntary contributions receiving no money from the UN. As champion of the UN Convention on the Rights of the Child, Unicef ensure governments protect and promote the rights of every child.
Position in the organisation
The Media Operations Manager will oversee all media accreditation and logistical matters at the Soccer Aid training week and Soccer Aid for Unicef 2020.
The above will include the development and management of an automated media accreditation system, as well as serving as the primary contact for all media accreditation requests and other logistics-related enquiries.
Soccer Aid for Unicef attracts significant media interest from sports and entertainment journalists and events are attended by a combination of journalists, presenters, social media influencers, camera operators and photographers.
The requests of media at Soccer Aid are highly nuanced and do not necessarily follow the same protocol as professional, domestic, fixtures. Accordingly, a creative approach to problem solving, attention to detail and forward planning are all essential in this role.
The successful candidate will work closely with the media operations teams at both Manchester United and Chelsea FC and will report to the Soccer Aid PR team.
Purpose and Responsibilities of Media Operation Manager
- Oversee all media operations at Soccer Aid for Unicef 2020 including training and matchday
- Develop and manage an automated accreditation system for all attending media
- Manage media accreditation requests from up to three months out from the game
- Proactively invite key media to the training week and matchday (with guidance from the PR team)
- Compose and send timely deadline reminders and information notices
- Undertake bespoke projects including, for example, photographers’ access to the Old Trafford pitch at full-time and other broadcaster requests
- Coordinate all other photography requests including pitch-side and gantry access
- Be the primary contact for all operational enquiries from media attending training and the match
- Work closely with the Manchester United and Chelsea FC media operations teams
- Oversee catering arrangements for press room accommodation at Soccer Aid
- Manage operations for media in the press box and pitch-side
- High level of experience in media operations
- Excellent organisational skills and attention to detail
- Creative approach to problem solving
- Pragmatic approach to forward planning
- Strong media contacts book and experience in media relations
- Experience in media liaison at major sporting events
- Sports event management experience
- Experience working with high profile individuals
- Knowledge of the sports media landscape – written, online, broadcast, photographers
- Suitable educational qualifications
How to apply
Please apply with CV and covering letter to email@example.com