SOCCER AID FOR UNICEF 2020
|Contractor||Soccer Aid Productions Limited|
|Job Title||Social Media Executive|
|Reporting to:||Head of Social Media|
|Location||SAP Offices Peace Studio, Stamford Bridge, London|
|Hours||37.5 hours per week, Monday to Friday, 9.00am – 5.30pm|
|Engagement Period||Mar – July (five months)|
|Salary||TBD dependent on experience|
Soccer Aid for Unicef
The brainwave of Unicef UK ambassador Robbie Williams and Triple S, Soccer Aid for Unicef brings together two teams of celebrities and football legends from England and the World XI for the biggest charity celebrity football match in the World. The event started in 2006 and since then has raised more than £38million to help Unicef UK Defend Play for Every Child. Last year’s game was staged at Stamford Bridge, the iconic home of Chelsea FC in front of a sell-out crowd of 40,000 and on primetime free to air ITV 1.
Soccer Aid Productions Limited – One Team, One Culture, One Goal
Soccer Aid Productions Limited (SAP) is responsible for delivering Soccer Aid for Unicef and raising substantial funds from both a commercial and fundraising perspective for Unicef UK. SAP’s ambition is to grow Soccer Aid and the Soccer Aid World XI brand in the UK and internationally to increase revenue and deliver change for children worldwide. SAP work closely with the best in class partners, namely; Initial as Producers of the live TV event and ITV as broadcasters of the prime-time television show.
Unicef is the world’s leading organisation focusing on children and child rights, with a presence in more than 190 countries. Unicef ensure more of the world’s children are vaccinated, educated and protected than any other organisation, influencing laws and policies that protect children around the world. Their aim is a world is a safe place for all our children.
Unicef is supported entirely by voluntary contributions receiving no money from the UN. As champion of the UN Convention on the Rights of the Child, Unicef ensure governments protect and promote the rights of every child.
Position in the organisation
You will be exposed to senior managers and stakeholders both within SAP, Unicef and key partners. This is a fast moving and at times, high pressure position. You will need to thrive in a role that requires quick decision making, challenging negotiation and creative thinking to deliver results.
Purpose and Responsibilities of Social Media Executive
- Help deliver SAP business objectives through best practice Soccer Aid organic social activity
- Help deliver all announcement, entertainment and football content across the Soccer Aid organic social channels
- Community Management of Soccer Aid social media accounts
- Ensure Soccer Aid social media plan is up-to-date and accurate
- Regularly communicate and collaborate with all internal and external stakeholders on the Soccer Aid social media plan
- Increase the engagement rate of the Soccer Aid social channels in line with agreed objectives
- Collaborate with Unicef UK Organic Social Lead to post Unicef UK cause related content where applicable
- Deliver content to and coordinate posts by SAP partners
- In conjunction with the social and content production teams, assist with a programme of market leading content during training week and match day
- Attend talent shoots to deliver behind-the-scenes social content, where appropriate
- Ensure accurate “real-time” analysis of all in-house SAP social accounts
- Report on talent social accounts at regular stages of campaign
- Work beyond the standard working hours as and when required
How to apply
Please apply with CV and covering letter to email@example.com